Struggling to fall asleep?
Try these simple ways to reduce stress and relax before you go to bed
- Turn off the TV – especially in the evening. You’ll find that you can sleep better at night. Read a book instead.
- Dim the lights – when your eyes are exposed to lights your pineal gland (a tiny endocrine organ in your brain) will not secrete the melatonin you need for a good night’s sleep.
- Listen to relaxing music.
- Take a hot bath with Epsom salts before bed.
- Use essential oils, like lavender.
- Ask someone to give you a foot massage. A foot massage is a great way to calm down that excessive nervous energy in your head.
- Make a list of all the things you are grateful for every night.
- Drink Chamomile tea early in the early evening or try one of Better4life’s relaxation herbal teas (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don’t eat a large meal late at night.