Healthy food can taste good. We show you how with some easy and nutritious recipes…
Or come to a cooking class for some fun, hands-on help to create healthy meals and delicious, guilt-free treats.
Cucumber, mint and apple water
Here is an easy tip that turned it all around for me: adding herbs or fruit to my water! It makes our government juice taste fabulous and the health benefits are incredible! Try putting fresh mint, cucumber and apple into a large jug overnight. Decant into a nice glass bottle to drink on the run the next morning. Super cheap, healthy and easy. Try it!
Healing herb tea
For added benefits of increased energy and improved immunity try our Better4life Healing Tea. Contact us to purchase the kit
Herbal tea ingredients and their benefits:
- Calendula leaves – cellular regeneration
- Echinacea leaves – immune system support
- Thyme leaves – digestion aid
- Add 750 ml boiling water to 4 teaspoons (tsp) of contents in glass jug or metal pot.
- Let contents stand covered for 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, to use fewer herbs and make the blend stronger, use 2 teaspoons dried herbs, add to 750 ml water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain contents through a tea-strainer/fine-tooth sieve. Add honey (1-2 tsp), lemon/lime juice (fresh) and ginger powder (1 tsp) to taste. Note: Optional and according to taste. 100% fruit juice (80:20 ratio of tea to juice) can also be added.
- Keep in a thermal flask and drink throughout the day between meals OR tea can also be drunk cold. Ideally, glass bottles should be used or BPA-free plastic.
- This herbal blend can be taken over time with no adverse side effects. It is ideally consumed for 3 days, with a 2-3 day break. Where possible, take a break over weekends or less busy periods so that it is consumed a maximum of 5 days of the week.
- Use the Healing Kit Tea kit sparingly if on blood-thinning medication as it can interfere.
- Easy to prepare in 15 minutes
- it lasts in your system for about 4 hours before you even begin to feel hungry.
- For morning convenience, you can prepare the night before, refrigerate, and add extra liquid the next day.
- It feeds about 3-4 people: simply modify quantities to suit your needs.
The following list of ingredients in the order that is best for the motor of your food blender:
- 1 cup water
- Palm full mixed seeds (linseeds, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower seeds etc)
- 1 cup Kefir milk (4 tablespoons double cream plain yoghurt can be used instead if preferred)
- 1 tsp gogi berries
- Palm full frozen berries
- 1 tsp molasses or raw honey
- 6-8 dates
- 2 tablespoons oil: coconut oil, or flax-seed oil, or Udo’s oil (preferable).
- Pinch of salt
- Half a cooked sweet potato (cut up and steamed beforehand)
- 2 apples chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 tsp moringa powder (or equivalent superfood e.g. wheatgrass, barley green)
- 4 or 5 blocks of crushed ice to cool sweet potato and to thin the recipe.
- 1/2 beetroot (or 1 small beet)
- 4 eggs * (Optional: ideally yokes or whites only separated)
- 2 bananas chopped (add last)
Blend together (adding banana and eggs last) and serve in a tall deep glass with a sprinkle of cinammon or mint.
ENJOY the fresh, delicious goodness of Nature!
Charlotte shows you how to do a simpler smoothie recipe