Healthy food can taste good. We show you how with some easy and nutritious recipes…
Charlotte has now put together a wonderful book containing over 90 recipes. Get Good Food Matters now (printed or ebook available). Or come to a cooking class for some fun, hands-on help to create healthy meals and delicious, guilt-free treats.
Cucumber, mint and apple water
Here is an easy tip that turned it all around for me: adding herbs or fruit to my water! It makes our government juice taste fabulous and the health benefits are incredible! Try putting fresh mint, cucumber and apple into a large jug overnight. Decant into a nice glass bottle to drink on the run the next morning. Super cheap, healthy and easy. Try it!
Healing herb tea
For added benefits of increased energy and improved immunity try our Better4life Herbal Tea range.
Herbal tea ingredients and their benefits:
- Calendula leaves – cellular regeneration
- Echinacea leaves – immune system support
- Thyme leaves – digestion aid
- Add 750 ml boiling water to 4 teaspoons (tsp) of contents in glass jug or metal pot.
- Let contents stand covered for 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, to use fewer herbs and make the blend stronger, use 2 teaspoons dried herbs, add to 750 ml water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain contents through a tea-strainer/fine-tooth sieve. Add honey (1-2 tsp), lemon/lime juice (fresh) and ginger powder (1 tsp) to taste. Note: Optional and according to taste. 100% fruit juice (80:20 ratio of tea to juice) can also be added.
- Keep in a thermal flask and drink throughout the day between meals OR tea can also be drunk cold. Ideally, glass bottles should be used or BPA-free plastic.
- This herbal blend can be taken over time with no adverse side effects. It is ideally consumed for 3 days, with a 2-3 day break. Where possible, take a break over weekends or less busy periods so that it is consumed a maximum of 5 days of the week.
- Use the Healing Kit Tea kit sparingly if on blood-thinning medication as it can interfere.